In the dementia care practice, we often hear from front-line healthcare professionals, “If only the family would get on board.”
Simultaneously, we hear from families, “No one knows my loved one better than me. The professionals need to listen to me.”
And from healthcare leaders, we hear, “I could sleep better at night if I knew our patients and employees were safe and equipped for dementia care—while meeting our state educational requirements.”
Having served in each of these roles, Heather McKay is gifted at fostering alignment and engagement amongst them. In her signature training style—infused with fun, humor, and highly-practical tools—she provides intensive learning to optimize dementia care practices. Her keynote and workshop programs are perfect for:
- Organizations wanting to train their staff in safety and efficacy
- Leaders providing direction to a dementia care team
- Students seeking a deeper understanding of dementia care
- Family members seeking strategies in caring for loved ones
Heather McKay introduces a model and tools to effectively communicate with and engage those with dementia. She has seen the best outcomes when caregivers rally behind shared knowledge and a common language. While remaining sensitive to each of the diverse generational and personal preferences of each individual with dementia—she presents a universally-effective model to foster safety and engagement in the groups she reaches.
Heather’s keynote and workshop delivery style is approachable, energetic—and highly effective. She consistently exceeds the mark by:
- Getting audiences laughing and having fun
- Equipping them with transformational tools to improve care and communication
- Promoting patient/caregiver safety while meeting state educational requirements
- Providing family education in addition to staff trainings
She is regularly the highest rated keynote speaker at national conferences—and is asked to return over and over again to the organizations she consults and trains for. Check out Heather’s Testimonials or Video Clips, and Contact her today to learn how she can help your group.
Heather’s Most Requested Topics